Empower Ethiopia has identified a nonprofit organization operating in Hawassa Ethiopia, Let Us Change, that is dedicated to some of the most vulnerable individuals: street children and mothers. The dangers of life lived on the streets are innumerable. Let Us Change has developed a reputable and successful program that addresses the issues of homelessness and attempts to help as many individuals as possible within their means. Let Us Change focuses on the following areas:
- Provides accommodations (three facilities) for street children that allow them to live in a home, attend school, and receive adequate nutrition as well as love and encouragement. There are currently 92 children living in our shelters.
- Provides accommodations for 40 families who were previously homeless (120 people total), thus helping to break the cycle of poverty by removing them from a life of begging, restoring human dignity, and increasing chances for employability.
- Provides schooling for children who live with their imprisoned mothers.
- Utilizes local professionals to create employment opportunities and revenue for the facility.
- Tree cultivation (over 20,000 to date) to aid in self-sustainability, nature preservation, and beautification.
Empower Ethiopia is actively accepting donations and ongoing sponsors to support the endeavors of Let Us Change and will keep you updated on projects that may be of particular interest to some of you.
For more information you may:
1) Visit Let Us Change website at: http://www.letuschange.net/en/welcome/
2) “Like” their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/letuschange
3) Contact one of the Empower Ethiopia Team members about ongoing sponsorship or for information on making a one-time donation.